Your brand identity is more important than you may realize. Especially in today’s marketplace with all the noise and the changing demand of customers. When it comes down to it, your customer’s purchases are made based on who they are and who they want to be, so the mindset YOU get into when creating your brand is crucial to hitting the mark. Let’s break this down a bit.
A brand identity includes:
- The Look of Your Brand – what colors, shapes, styles of art on your packaging, marketing and anything else associated with your brand.
- The Sound of Your Brand – when creating your content, whether it’s on the side of your product, or in a post, or on your website; the way in which you communicate is an important piece of how people will see your brand.
- The Feel of Your Brand – don’t be confused…this is actually how your brand makes your customers feel. It’s mostly represented in the items above – Look and Sound…but it’s a crucial piece of how you create your brand.
In today’s marketplace, with all the products & services, all the brands, all the choices, all the noise, and all the distractions, it’s more important than ever for you to do this one thing…
Authentically connect with your audience in a powerful way.
How do you do that?
Your brand needs to feel like one of these things:
- An extension of your customer. If your customer sees, hears, or feels your brand like it’s an extension of themselves, they will already be interested to learn more and/or buy it. This includes anything that holds the same values as them (like a brand that’s all about reducing their carbon footprint, which might be really important to your customers in all of their purchases).
- A friend of theirs. If your brand feels comfortable and friendly, or fun, people are more likely to want it around. Think of this as comfort food or your favorite “pick me up” movie. It’ll have your customers feeling comfortable and that’s a great thing.
- Someone they aspire to be. Brands that inspire people to grow into the person they want to become are like a good coach cheering you on while training. People like to feel inspired, and if you can get the equation right on motivation, inspiration, and displaying the end results of where your customers want to be, you’ll inspire them to follow/buy/subscribe.
This is just a taste of some of the important things to think about and incorporate when creating your Brand identity. When you get these things nailed down though, a few things really open up for YOU!
- Your decision making for everything related to your Brand become easier, as now you have a clear guide for the look, the sound, and the feel of everything you put into the world.
- You can also hand these tasks off to someone!!! Woo Hoo! Delegation. Now that there’s a clear guide, you can hand over various tasks to someone else to deliver on.
- You, and anyone else in your company, now have clarity in how to show up for events and truly represent the Brand. How you dress, how you speak about the Brand, and what kind of energy you have is also an extension of the Brand…so now you and your employees can ooze the Brand identity as well.
For more information, or to have your own guide help you navigate the Brand terrain, click here.