While many of you might not be familiar with the name, LineageOS is actually the same custom ROM that started as CyanogenMod. Back in the fall of 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since then, the developer community has kept the project alive, but under the name of LineageOS.
- If you aren’t sure whether you will find a particular software in line with your taste, it’s generally safer to side with Google’s vision aka stock Android.
- If your device gets damaged by following this guide, then we at Droid Thunder will not be held liable in any manner whatsoever for the same.
- Once your device is rooted, some apps like Titanium Backup can be downloaded.
- The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds.
- The stock ROM/firmware for Android devices is the official and most stable firmware specially designed by the manufacturer for a particular device.
After adding the file https://media.beowulfchain.com/sgh-t999-firmware-4-files-the-ultimate-guide-to/, click “Start” to begin the flashing process. However, nowadays, you can easily root Android using the Kingoroot app, SuperSU, etc.
- AOSP consists only the codes needed for the OS to boot up & just function.
- Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices.
- Congratulations, You have successfully installed Stock ROM using SPD Flash tool.
- Now go to the sp flash tool extract folder and launch it.
- And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that.
Check below how to check your phone compatible or not for GCam. In the build.prop editor, add the following command line and save it. In this camera app, you will get to see a lot of amazing features using which you can take better photos. I suggest you find other people using the same phone as you and see which port/version/settings they’re using. See if there’s a GCam thread for your phone on XDA or posts on your phone’s subreddit.
This stock camera works with almost all AOSP-based custom ROM. If you are using any custom ROM then you can easily use it on your device or if you are using any stock ROM then you can also try this module, with an 80% chance it will work. To install a MiUI camera in your device need to root your device with Magisk. If you already installed Magisk follow the guide below to install MiUI Stock Camera for All Custom ROMs. Download and install the MiUI camera for all Android devices. You already got the MiUI camera apk on the Internet but in this app, all features don’t work. So if your device is rooted then you can try MiUI Stock Camera Magisk Module on your Android devices.
You may have backed up some of your data using this tool. If this is true, just click “View backup history” to see what has been backed up. Before starting, you need to check whether your device support or not according to the list of mobile phones.