Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them. Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do.
Meet the new Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro by Xiaomi, launched in India alongside MIUI 11. If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go. If you used a non-rooted ROM and want to get back fully to stock, all you need to do now is re-lock the bootloader. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the three main ways to get back to stock Android. Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you.
The team behind CesiumOS explains it as a “Something born out of a sea of similar-looking AOSP ROMs”. Coming to the features, Only useful features from other ROM made it through and the developer team adding some new features in the future. Also, like all the Custom ROM in the list, this ROM is and will stay Bloat-free. If you are new to flashing Custom ROM, then we recommend taking a full backup of your data before proceeding flashing anything. Custom ROMs have the ability to completely overhaul any Android device, especially the devices that come with Custom Android Skins like Xiaomi.
- We often follow the same steps at times of new MIUI updates.
- Even the stable Android 10 update package released by Xiaomi can cause a hard brick in some scenarios, which significantly stock ROMs slowed down the pace of third-party development.
- Xiaomi comes in an installer package where you need installing the program on the
- We can enhance performance by 30-40% compared with your old usage within these limits.
So taking the chance here to add sincere thanks, we could expect more stable and extended tool support in the times ahead. If you encounter any issues or errors while following this tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below.
- Android has become the best operating system software because of its compatibility and user-friendly nature.
- Like Lineage OS, there are plenty of other best Pie 9.0 based custom ROMs available for your device.
- Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S and Note lineup are usually offered in two different processor variants around the world.
Custom ROM gives a bloatware-free OS with near Stock Android UI and design. The enthusiast community has had a love/hate relationship with the dedicated Bixby button on the recent Samsung devices. Some like it as Bixby can actually do things that Google Assistant cannot (since it’s baked deeper into One UI) but there’s been an issue for those who want to use the button for something else. Many chose to use apps including bxActions or Tasker to get the job done. But with the release of the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and the Galaxy S10e they finally started to allow it.